To be able to properly be labelled as Castile, the soap must contain a minimum of 70% pure olive oil and be 100% plant-based. Our Castile soaps include our Phytopur range, that are made with a minimum of 70% pure olive oil. A part of this percentage is hyperoxygenated (Cleo oil) to enhance the hydrating and therapeutic sides of the soap and the other 30% is coconut oil.
We can trace the origins of the Castile soap recipe back to the 8th century in the north of Spain, the land of castles, hence its name. At that time, this soap was used for skin care and it inspired and influenced the soap factories of Marseille in the 14th century.
The Castile soap recipe founded its origins with the Aleppo soap, that was the first soap to be commercialised, the father of all soaps by the syrians.
The Castile soap contains of its vegetable glycerine that is created during the saponification process. This glycerine is a hydrophilic molecule that attracts water and it allows the soap to hydrate your skin perfectly.
In contrast, the glycerine that is created during the making of a solid Marseille soap is removed from the product which makes it less hydrating than the pure Castile soap. As for the liquide Marseille soap, the glycerine is left within the finished product.
Our Castile Soap
A clinically proven solution to avoid night cramps.Leave the soap in this bag and put it close to your legs between your sheets in your bed. No need to the soap to touch your legs. 110 gr.
In all simplicity. Our unscented Castile soap, made of 70% olive oil, is perfect to wash baby from head to toes. 110 gr.Face and bodyHypaollergenic, biodegradable, vegan
Initially created for the Holiday season, this delicious discovery was so popular, that we coudn't ignore the demand. This sweet scent of cranberry and orange makes you wish it was Christmas all year 'round. Exfoliating soap for the body110 g.Hypoallergenic, biodegradable
If there’s one essential oil that doesn’t leave anyone indifferent, it’s this one. Aside from its antifungal and antiseptic properties, this soap brings you back to the psychedelic era of Peace & Love! Pure patchouli organic essential oil. For the fans! 110 g.Body and FaceHypaollargenic, biodegradable, vegan
Have you ever smelled the sensual fragrance of Indian amber? Of course you have since this oriental scent is often found in incense sticks. This soap will transport you to a higher ground… or even to Nirvana! 110 g.Face and bodyHypaollergenic, biodegradable
Subtle freshness of pure water running over your body. A delicately scented, sensual soap. This is a very masculine fragrance you have to try.110 gr.Hypoallergenic, biodegradable.
If there’s one essential oil that doesn’t leave anyone indifferent, it’s this one. Aside from its antifungal and antiseptic properties, this soap brings you back to the psychedelic era of Peace & Love. 110 g.Hypoallergenic, biodegradable, vegan
THE soap for lovers of the outdoors, specially gardeners. Biodegradable, of course (like all our soaps)! The rosemary essential oil used in this soap keeps bugs away and acts as an antiseptic. Very useful when camping, fishing or gardening. Oatmeal is added for exfoliating properties. 110 g.Hypoallergenic, Biodegradable, Vegan
An incredibly efficient odour-eater! Do you have a body odour problem? We have the solution. Coffee and mint essential oil. A winning combination that has proven effective on cooks hands and teenagers’ feet! 110 g.Hypoallergenic, biodegradable, vegan
Delightfully purifying! This Rhassoul clay soap deeply cleanses the skin; the antiseptic properties of eucalyptus essential oil is an added bonus…. Used as a shampoo, this soap is amazing.110 grHypoallergenic, biodegradable, vegan