Frequently Asked Questions.

FAQ about soap

Absolutely! All our soaps are made with 100% plant-based ingredients.

Of course! Our soaps are made to be used for the body and the face except our exfoliating soaps, which are only made for the body.

We are the proud makers of our soaps and cosmetic products. We have a laboratory in our soap factory in Magog. The only soap that we do not make ourselves is the Marseille liquid soaps. These products are made in Marseille.

Absolutely! Our soaps are made for everyone! The only exception is for children under the age of 18 months. We recommend our unscented soaps to avoid using essential oils on their skin.

Of course! They will get rid of bacterial on your hands, body and face.

Our soaps last approximately one month for one person for daily use. This is of course an approximation. We highly recommend using a soap dish or holder that drains properly so that the soap dries in between uses.

There is no need for any type of wrapping; simply store your soaps in a dry and dark cupboard.

Our soaps provide boosted hydration due to the addition of our signature Cléo oil (hyperoxygenated olive oil that has been Ecocert certified). This hyperoxygenated oil gives our soaps added hydrating and therapeutic properties. Please note that Cléo oil is a North American exclusivity that can only be found at Savon des Cantons.

Never! Only the employees at Savon des Cantons test the products before they are made available to the public.

No, we only retail in Magog or with our online website.

Castile soap must contain a minimum of 70% olive oil to be authentic. Our Castile soaps are therefore made with 70% olive oil and the other 30% is coconut oil. A slight percentage of the olive oil is of course our exclusive Cléo oil for added hydration and therapeutic properties.

Non, nous n’aimons pas l’ingrédient principal des shampoings en barres, le fameux sci. Bien qu’il soit biodégradable et végétal car issu de l’huile de noix de coco, c’est à cause de son procédé de fabrication que nous ne l’aimons pas. Pour produire du sci il faut de l’oxyde d’éthylène, un produit chimique très contreversé dangereux pour l’homme et l’environnement. C’est pourquoi les shampoings solides au sci ne peuvent pas être classés bio.