45 min. 425°F
- 1 pack of chicken drumsticks (12 drumsticks or 1.5kg)
- 2 tsp. Cajun Spice Blend
- 2 tbsp. Tunisia olive oil
- 1 Onion, roughly chopped
- Assorted vegetables: carrots, potatoes, parsnips, etc.
- 1 jar Mild or spicy Sauce du Jardin
- 2 or 3 sprigs of thyme for vegetables
Step 1 : Vegetables
- Roughly chop your vegetables and onion then place in a bowl.
- Add the Tunisian olive oil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and add the thyme.
- Add the cajun spices.
- Mix well and arrange your vegetables on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
Step 2 : Chicken
- Put the chicken in a large bowl.
- Pour the Sauce du Jardin and mix with the chicken.
- Arrange the chicken on top of the vegetables and bake at 425°F for 45 minutes, turning the thighs over halfway through cooking.
A full-bodied red wine from the Languedoc region will do nicely, and I personally pair it with a Costière de Nîmes.